Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Xfce Task Manager in LXDE Lubuntu

This is a neat little utility with a configurable display of columns and filters, to display running processes by user type. Add, remove or sort the processes listed.

Of course, its a process manager, not a task manager; select a process and right-click and you will get a menu, Stop, Kill, Term, Continue and a sub-menu for setting priority...

Hover over the CPU and memory usage bars and you get tooltip display in %.

Not until I ran this did I see just how small the Lubuntu footprint is! Now if it would do some arithmetic and total the memory footprint of whatever selection I'm running it would be perfect.  RC

2 comments:

  1. I am more than happy to read a post about the Xfce task manager. You may not know, but I'm currently rewriting this application and a first beta is already available.

    http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2010-May/027074.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pulled down the beta copy from the site; if I can manage to compile it during the week I'll see how it looks in Lubuntu. Thks, RC

    ReplyDelete

At least try to be nice, it won't kill you...