August 13 & 14, Farnham Maltings, Hampshire UK
In the splendid venue at Farnham Maltings, a former distillery in the leafy Hampshire commuter town, the Maltings is now a local arts venue. With a great auditorium in the main space, upstairs meeting rooms, cellar bar and cafe for the informal meet-ups, there really was something for everyone.
In the foyer, you could find Surrey LUG demonstrating 3D printing, Ken Fallon recording and posting in almost real time to Hacker Public Radio (which we are on), O'Reilly's discounted book stand and Bytemark Hosting.
Among the talks and presentations, in no particular order:
- Intro and welcome by the Linux Outlaws and UUPC folks
- The insightful and entertaining Simon Phipps on Software Freedom
- Karen Sandler on source code secrecy in medical devices gnome foundation
- Professional music production with Linux; Wayne Myers
- Geeknik - picnic in the Gostrey Meadow supported by O'Reilly
- The Nanode project, hardware hacking by Ken Boak
- Panel discussion (Simon Phipps, Karen Sandler, Stuart Langridge, Fabian Scherschel, chair Dan Lynch)
- Live Podcast Show! Linux Outlaws &amp; Ubuntu UK Podcast - one of the traditional OGG Camp highlights
Thanks to the organisers and crew for a full day event which ran like clockwork in the most friendly, relaxed environment; here's to Day Two! RC