Sunday, 5 August 2012

Ubuntu 12.10 New Software updater

It sounds wrong, looks grammatically dubious, but is a change of name that makes sense.

Ubuntu’s Software Updater application features a  streamlined interface, a de-cluttering along the lines of Nautilus Elementary; less visual clutter and a focus on just the core message.

It is included in various builds of Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 3 can be downloaded from the Ubuntu development site.


Remember that Alpha releases are intended for use by developers and testers and not those seeking a stable user experience; whilst it is fairly solid so far, this is not production-ready.

I can live with the name, but given that I like the additional info available before and during software updates, this plays to me like more 'dumbing down' of the user experience. I hope I'm wrong. RC

No comments:

Post a Comment

At least try to be nice, it won't kill you...