Changing the article order is also simple enough, except Joomla seems to ignore it... there's another step required.
- Log into the Joomla Administrator back end.
- From the main menu, select Content, Featured Articles.
- Click the heading Ordering to fully enable the ordering function.
- You can now sort according to the article order. Clicking the blue and white up/down arrows will adjust the Featured Articles order.
- To ensure the ordering is saved, click the little floppy disk icon next to the Ordering Heading.
In Joomla 2.5, the article ordering suffers an override by the menu settings. Of course, why wouldn't it!?!?
So the second step:
- From the main menu, select Menus, Main Menu
- Select Home to enter Edit Menu item
- Over on the right under Layout Options, there are four options needed to get the carousel to use the Featured Article order:
- Multi Column Order: Across
- Category Order: No Order
- Article Order: Featured Articles Order
- Date for Ordering: Use Global