Eccentricity too Far
In case you missed it, Mark Shuttleworth announced the next release name for Ubuntu 11.10.
- Only about 6 people on the planet (plus the Greeks) can pronounce Oneiric.
- Even fewer can spell it. 'I before E except after Ubuntu release name.'
- Only about 6 people on the planet (plus the Greeks) know what it means ('dreamy').
- It's all too close to 'onanism' (yeah, go look it up).
- We already had a cat with the Lynx (although Ocelots are quite cool).
Honestly: DREAMY CAT???!!?!? WTF??!!
This may be the first release to be referred to by the noun not the adjective. It's an eccentricity too far. RC