Sampler from 'Web Content Strategy and Planning'
Essential Short Guide, this is a sampler from 'Web Content Strategy and Planning'
Content Strategy as a Team EffortUnless you are a one-person blogging enterprise, defining a content strategy is not an isolated activity. An effective strategy comes from a collective effort of many roles within organisations, not least the key stakeholders around the organisation who set or deliver those top-line goals. Consult those with specialist skills, getting input and/or validation from
- user experience (UX) design,
- interface design,
- web development,
- search engine optimisation (SEO),
- content marketing,
- traditional public relations and “offline” marketing.
- Substance – topics, tone, style, what message we need to communicate
- Structure – how we prioritize and break up the content into building blocks
- Workflow – the process, tools and resources we need to create and maintain content
- Governance – consistency, integrity and quality of the content